The mission of the College of Education and Human Services is to:
- Collaborate with local, regional, national, and international stakeholders to promote transformational learning experiences;
- Establish and nurture partnerships with local institutions and agencies to address the needs of our community, which is inclusive of urban areas;
- Develop and offer rigorous programs of study that promote high standards;
- Use evidence-based practices to prepare effective practitioners who exhibit a professional disposition;
- Contribute to the knowledge base in our disciplines through quality scholarship; and
- Model and foster a commitment to professional growth, critical and creative thinking, and reflective practice.
The vision of the College of Education and Human Services is to be a premier college that:
- Is globally recognized for innovative programs and practices;
- Impacts our fields through high-quality teaching, scholarship, and service; and
- Prepares graduates who are transformative leaders in their professions.
The College of Education and Human Services values:
- Integrity that informs ethical behavior and professional excellence;
- Active engagement in efforts to promote equity and social justice;
- Respect for others demonstrated by caring, compassion, and cultural sensitivity; and
- Intellectual curiosity that leads to professional scholarship and innovation.
106 People | 2,833 Impacts | 10,463 Hours | 230,924 Total Economic Impact