Our MissionTo provide diverse learning opportunities in the technical and professional aspects of engineering that prepare all participants to thrive in an evolving world.
Our VisionThe School of Engineering aspires to:
- provide undergraduate programs that are among the best in the country
- produce high quality research through undergraduate and graduate programs
- make significant contributions to the economic vitality in Northeast Florida
- inspire many students in k-12 education in Northeast Florida and beyond to pursue engineering as their profession of choice
Our ValuesWe, in the School of Engineering, use the following values as our guiding principles in how we conduct ourselves:
- Integrity: We are transparent in all our academic dealings. We are accountable to our students, employers of our students and the citizens of Florida for achieving our goals while protecting our reputation and intellectual assets. We own successes in our school as well as failures.
- Respect: We provide a safe and healthy environment for students. We treat all people with dignity and respect. We value the differences in people’s thinking, backgrounds and cultures. We are committed to everyone’s development.
- Challenge: We continuously search for new, innovative and better ways of doing things, continually improving. We develop and nurture new ideas, new services. We challenge the status quo and collaborate to achieve rigorous educational and institutional goals.
- Commitment: We are committed to serving the educational needs of our students and our constituents. We ask what we can do to help each other succeed.
- Courage: We have the personal and professional courage to do the right thing, take occasional risks and experiment with new methods and ideas. We make decisions and take actions as a group. We do not admonish failure, only failure to learn.
- Citizenship: We are good global, local and national citizens. We strive to contribute significantly and measurably to Northeast Florida and beyond. We participate in efforts to make the world we live in a better place.
17 People | 78 Impacts | 221 Hours | 4,884 Total Economic Impact